- 3 1/2 quarts filtered water.
- 1 cup of granulated sugar
- 8 bags of tea, preferably green but you can also use black.
- 2 cups store-bought unpasteurized kombucha with a neutral flavor.
- 1 scoby, which is a jelly like substance that you can buy in kombucha kits.
- Bring water to the boil and remove from heat.
- Stir in sugar until dissolved.
- Add tea bags and leave to steep until the water has cooled.
- Remove the tea bags and stir in unpasteurized kombucha.
- Pour mix into a glass jar and slide scoby over it.
- Cover jar with tightly woven cloth or paper towels and secure with a rubber band.
- Store the jar out of direct sunlight and at room temperature for 7-10 days.
- Taste the kombucha and remove the scoby when it tastes good.
- Bottle the kombucha leaving some empty space at the top.
- Store for 1-3 days to allow the kombucha to carbonate.
- Refrigerate and drink within a month.
© Copyright 2019 Michael Lam, M.D. All Rights Reserved.