This savory trail mix is great to bring to summer grills and outdoor picnics for the fourth of July. In addition to the health benefits of nuts in the recipe, you get the added anti-inflammatory benefits of several spices. This is great to serve as an appetizer or snack.
- 1 ½ cups whole grain pretzels
- ½ cup almonds
- ½ cup pecans
- ½ cup cashews
- ¼ cup extra virgin coconut oil
- 1 teaspoon cumin powder
- 1 teaspoon turmeric powder
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- ½ teaspoon salt
- Preheat your oven to 325 degrees F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, combine nuts and pretzels, mix with melted coconut oil, and set aside.
- In a smaller bowl, combine spices and salt. Stir into the nuts and pretzel mixture.
- Spread everything onto the baking sheet and bake for 14 minutes.
© Copyright 2019 Michael Lam, M.D. All Rights Reserved.