- 3 ½ cups filtered water
- 2/3 cup organic dried elderberries, or 1 cup frozen
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp ground cloves
- 1 ½ Tbsp grated fresh ginger, preferably organic
- 1 cup raw honey
- Put all ingredients except the honey into a medium saucepan and bring to a boil.
- Cover and reduce heat; let it simmer for around 1 hour, or until the liquid has reduced by half.
- Remove from heat and allow to cool until you can safely handle it.
- Mash the mixture with a spoon.
- Strain through a strainer and pour the liquid into a bowl.
- Allow liquid to cool completely.
- Add honey and stir until totally combined.
- Pour liquid mixture into airtight and sterilized jar or bottle and store in the fridge.
© Copyright 2019 Michael Lam, M.D. All Rights Reserved.